Why Is A Detox Cleanse Important
Our colon gets absolutely terrorized with some of the things we put in our mouth like dairy, bread, processed food, cake, candy, etc. Do you get bloated, constipated, depressed, and sick a lot? This is because these foods made with chemicals are not supposed to be going through our systems. The body cannot handle these types of foods and it does not move through us so it essentially builds up in your body causing these issues.
Do you poop regularly? Or ingest more chemicals (over the counter drugs) to be able to relieve yourself? Our body needs to be able to release and defend itself against all of these toxins daily. When these toxins are not released regularly, the liver uses the toxins and turns them into a bigger issue causing you to be ill.
Even if you eat pretty healthy, it is still good to rid your body from household items, hygiene products, beauty products, or any toxins from the air. There are many toxins all around us that we are not able to control, so even the healthiest of us, should still detox. See the list of toxic products.
During and after a detox, you will notice increased energy throughout the day. The first day or too, you may feel a bit fatigued because you are throwing your body into a limbo, but don’t let that stop you from finishing a complete detox to get the complete benefits. A detox will also help to control cravings as cravings are based on hormone imbalances in our bodies. If you are like me, sometimes I get a food addiction, my latest was some amazing Southwest mix, when I found myself eating more than 3 servings in one day, it was time to detox! Ridding the body of toxins will also help stop a food addiction you may have! While controlling cravings and curbing a food addiction, detoxing will give your body the micro nutrients it actually needs by eating clean.
In all reality processed foods contain so many additives, chemical additives to food, which is doing more damage to your body mentally and physically then known. There are a lot of “diseases” or “conditions” in this world, that are easily reversed or healed with a healthy diet. Start with a food detox and eat a healthy balanced diet to get the nutrients your body needs for a stronger, healthier you!
When To Do A Detox Cleanse
After a vacation. One of the best times to do a food detox is right after vacation! Before changing my daily habits to a healthier style, on vacations I splurged! It was vacation, which means you must try everything, eat out every night, eat everything, drink everything, and eat more! It’s vacation so why not!? It all tastes pretty good going down doesn’t it? But whew did I feel pretty nasty, bloated, and sick! I am sure many of you are with me on this!
I went on a vacation once with zero meal prep because I had to fly, thought I would buy food at a local grocery store, but was limited with choices, so I ended up mainly eating out. By the 4th day, I noticed several ugly changes in myself, included my stomach, attitude, and health. This is because all of the foods I was eating was just building up in my body as I hadn’t been pooping regularly. I became very crabby with my friend who I was on this trip with. My sinus issues returned in the mornings like they used to do and my stomach aches returned! That 4th day in New Orleans was like an apifony and opened my eyes to realize that YES FOOD DOES MATTER!!!
Your body will thank you for doing a detox after vacation.
Before starting a new diet. If you are thinking of starting a new diet or making changes to your diet, I suggest starting with a 7 day detox. This will cleanse your body of these toxins, chemicals, added hormones, and help you start fresh! Starting a new diet without a detox is like skipping the foreplay before sex. A detox before a diet will put you in a clean mindset and help to curb bad cravings or to want to grab that bag of chips
How Often To Do A Detox Cleanse
A detox cleanse should be done NO more then 2-3 times a year. I like to do a 7 day detox every 6 months and after vacation if I was on the “see food and eat it” diet. If you do a food detox too often, your body can lose important nutrients along with those toxins.
If you are diabetic, pregnant, or nursing, I suggest talking with your physician if they recommend a detox cleanse or if they can provide extra guidance to do a cleanse.
Natural Ways Detox Cleansing
There are different methods. To stick to a 7 day detox, pick the method that works for you! Remember to drink lots of water, this will help your body pass the toxins. And AVOID all processed foods and alcohol like the black plague during any of these cleanses.
- Liver Cleanse – Load up on potassium rich foods and real beef liver. So maybe beef liver sounds gross, I don’t disagree, good news though, you can take liver tablets instead! Make a raw vegetable drink everyday using mainly green vegetables. You will also want to add dandelion root and turmeric to your diet. The best way to get those is add them to your green drink, but if you don’t care for the taste too much, you can always buy the supplements for dandelion root and turmeric.
- Candida Cleanse – To do a candida cleanse, you want to mainly stick to eating salads, steamed vegetables, and eggs for protein. Stay away from starchy vegetables like potatoes, corn, and winter squash. Only one serving of a low sugar fruit is allowed like avocados, lemons, limes, and olives. Healthy fats, herbs, and spices are okay to cook with or make salad dressings. During a candida cleanse, you will also want to avoid processed foods, grains, and dairy. Try making a soup with lots of vegetables and vegetable broth to switch up from salads.
- Organism Cleanse – There are tons of supplements, kits, and vitamins out designed specifically as an organism cleanse, but you can do this cleanse at home and for a cheaper rate! Take these herbs for an amazing organism cleanse; wormwood, It’s a digestive aid that can fight pin worms and roundworms. Black Walnut Hull, it supports a healthy intestinal mucous membrane and digestive tract. Clove, it is a analgesic, anti-inflammatory, antibacterial, and anesthetic that has been used since ancient times. Food grade Diatomaceous Earth, it has detoxification benefits, lowers blood pressure, cholesterol, increases bone strength, and aid in weight loss. Anamu, it has antibacterial, anti fungal, and antiviral benefits.
- Liquid/Juice Cleanse – On this cleanse, you should consume liquids and liquids only! This cleanse should only be done for 4 days tops. Get most your liquids from juicing your own vegetables and fruits. I don’t suggest a liquid cleanse as it often leaves people feeling fatigued, hungry, dizzy and so on because their body isn’t getting all of the calories it is used to getting. This is an extreme cleanse so I urge you to discuss with your physician before following this one. Check out these awesome juicing recipes.
- Toxic Metal Cleanse – Eat lots of foods that are high in vitamin C as it is a great antioxidant. The best way to get all the nutrients for a deep toxic metal cleanse is to make smoothies with green leafy vegetables (cilantro, spinach, kale, and parsley) and chia seeds for breakfast or lunch. For dinner, cook up green, non starchy vegetables, and add garlic and onion to your dish, topping the finished product off with flaxseed. All these ingredients helps to reduce the build up of heavy metals.
- Alkaline Food Cleanse – Eat only fresh and clean alkaline soups, smoothies, and juices. This is similar to juicing cleanse, except now you should focus on only alkaline type foods because it is aimed to give the body a ton of easily absorbed nutrients so the body is able to detox itself. While doing this cleanse, you can also add some supplements to your diet because you may be missing out on some nutrients while sticking to a specific type of food. You may need to add fiber, essential fatty acids, wheat grass juice, and ph drops!
- Kitchen Cleanse – This may be the easiest type of cleanse you can do for your body, or maybe the hardest if you just went grocery shopping and now want to do a cleanse! If you are cleaning out the kitchen to make room for a new diet, this will be essential. Know what you can and can’t keep based on your new diet. Don’t even try to save any bit of it for a “cheat day” because you are already setting yourself up for failure. If you want to cheat on your diet, go get it outside of your home and leave it outside of your home otherwise you will be tempted to eat more with the food sitting in your home. Check the food labels and read ingredients, be sure to toss those many processed foods!
- Master Cleanse or Lemonade Diet – This cleanse is very similar to the liquid and juice cleanser as you can have nothing except for liquids. There is a specific regimen to follow each day in order to remove toxins and lose weight quickly. This is another cleanse in which your calorie intake is extremely limited so you may become dizzy, fatigued, and light headed. Check out the details
Remember to drink lots of water, this will help your body pass the toxins.
There are also numerous supplements and pills that are marketed every day for Detox cleansing, but please do your research on the one you choose before actually buying!
This post may contain affiliate links where I may earn a small amount of money if purchases are made through links which helps support this site and keep its content free.